I am a fourth year undergraduate a High Point University majoring in computational physics. My research has focused on pulsating hot subdwarf B stars (sdBs) or more specifically finding new pulsating pulsating sdBs from archival GALEX data and then getting fedup with than and training neural networks to find pulsating sdBs for me. Aside from these sdB escapades, I have also worked on projects extracting radial velocity measurements from high resolution echelle spectra.
As much I enjoy astrophysics, I do also enjoy taking breaks from work. In my free time I have been known to work/volunteer at Encore Stage & Studio, where I enjoy carpentry and general theater tech work. Additionally I am of the Star Trek inclinations, spending what some might say is far too much time enthralled in the exploits of the enterprise crew.
- Searching for pulsating sdBs with GALEX and gPhoton - Published August 2017
- Using Deep Learning to classify and understand data from large sky surveys such as Evreyscope - Accepted for publication November 2017
- Follow up interesting K2 targets with spectroscopy looking for extreme binaries
- Three new long period sdBs, attempting to better constrain formation models - presented at 227 AAS
- EREBOS collected data on HW Vir candidate stars
- Poster Presentation on deep learning work at HighPURCS [April 2018]
- Poster Presentation on deep learning work at AAS 231 [January 2018]
- The applications of deep neural networks to sdBV classification Accepted for Publication in Open Astronomy [November 2017]
- Oral presentation on deep learning work at NCAM 2017 [September 2017]
- Oral presentation on deep learning work at sdOB8 [July 2017]
- A search for rapidly pulsating hot subdwarf stars in the GALEX survey Accepted for publication in the Astrophysical Journal [July 2017]
- Poster Presentation on GALEX work at NCAS 2017 [March 2017]
- Poster Presentation on long period sdB+F/G/K binaries at AAS 227 [January 2016]